Income tax tips for 2014

Those of you who are self -assessed in the UK and have not submitted a tax return for the tax year ending the 5th April 2013 in paper earlier in October 2013 sill have some time to file electronically in order to avoid HMRC penalties. The self-assessed filing deadline is 31st January 2014.  If you need professional assistance with your self-assessed tax return you can get help here.   

 If you’re working in the UK under the PAYE scheme there’s a very good chance you could be owed a significant tax refund. Thousands of PAYE workers are owed a refund from HMRC so don’t miss out and apply today.

You could be owed money for any of the following reasons:

  • You didn’t work throughout the full duration of the tax year
  • You had more than one job simultaneously
  • You paid emergency tax when starting a new job
  • You incurred work-related expenses that were not reimbursed by your employer
  • You had a change in circumstances e.g. became self-employed has been providing tax refund services for people working in the UK since 1996. It’s FREE to find out how much you’re owed so check now. The company organizes income tax refunds from 16 different countries so if you worked in another country it’s worth checking if you are due any tax refunds.